Most of the mid range and budget windows phones come with 8GB of flash storage and this means you will have a tough time managing storage even if you buy a micro SD card. There are certain apps that simply would not run nicely off the SD card and some apps would not even install on SD card as developers have hard coded them to prevent SD card installation.
How to free up storage in Windows Phone
1. Open storage sense. Go to settings > storage sense or from app list.
2. In storage sense, go in phone > temporary files > internet explorer settings > Delete history > delete.
3. After delete complete, go back to storage sense.
4. Now after loading, complete go again to temporary files and click on delete button. It can take some time.
5. Now your phone storage is clean up a bit.
6. Now turn-Off your internet, WiFi, all apps, games.
7. Do a soft reset. Now you must keep it aside – don’t even unlock it for at least couple of hours.
You will free up 200 – 1GB of storage.